With our Rootvue Farm® garden laboratory, kids will get an underground view of vegetables as they grow from seed to harvest. Kit includes:Styrofoam base with built-in water basin and a window for watching three types of root vegetables grow, 8 soil mix wafers, 3 seed packets, ID labels, growth chart, 16-page Guide To Growing with classroom-tested experiments.
For ages 4 and up.
• Root-Vue Farm Garden Laboratory Kit includes a see-through container so kids can see the tops of plants and the roots growing underneath the soil
• Award-winning root vue garden kit includes seeds for three types of root vegetables: radishes, carrots and onions
• Kids can see how plants grow with their own eyes
• Includes Styrofoam base with water basin and window, soil mix wafers, growth chart, labels and a 16-page guide on growing
• Base stands 16” L x 5-1/4”W x 9-1/4”H; this kit is intended for ages 4 and olderSize
Base 16"L x 5-1/4"W x 9-1/4"HShipping
Cannot ship to a PO Box.
Ships within the 48 contiguous states only.
Great idea but didn't work
Reviewed on: 5/1/2013 12:00:00 AM
We followed instructions for planting the seeds (mom is experienced outdoor gardener; thought it would be fun for kids to get an view of what is happening under the soil) and while most of them sprouted, they did not produce any veggies and eventually died off. The soil produced a lot of mold within only three weeks. Very disappointed as were the kids.
- Mom of girls
All leaves but no veggies
Reviewed on: 3/8/2011 12:00:00 AM
We gave this to our nine year old granddaughter. She planted the stuff, and as of last weekend the leaves were pretty nice, but there were no vegetables.
- Ranger Law
From Lab to garden to Table
Reviewed on: 5/26/2010 12:00:00 AM
I ordered this for my granddaughter`s birthday to inspire not just her but her family to plant a garden and observe how you can bring things from the earth to the table. They started it in the house and now are eating from it. Not only was it educational,but enabled them as a family to take out time from their hectic schedules to work and enjoy the fruits of their labors.