Who's ready for backyard grilling, water balloon fights, and rowdy games of horseshoes and cornhole with family and friends? Now is the perfect time to throw a summer party, and we have LOTS to celebrate this summer! Here are five tips to pull off the BEST backyard bash:
1. Pick a Theme & PlanI mean, you really don't need an excuse to throw a party, right? But having a theme will help streamline your planning, which means you can actually ENJOY the day of the party. And don't leave the little guys out when you're prepping. Kids should play an active role in planning your summer bash—it teaches them responsibility and also gives them an opportunity to explore their creative side. Here are some party themes from the big kids at HearthSong:
2. Create a Guest List & Make InvitationsIn this digital age, you'll probably be sending out e-vites, whether through text, email or some other online service. Be creative and flashy with your invitations! Make sure to include all the important details: date and time, location, RSVP info, and alternative weather plans.
3. DecorateBe crafty and creative, include the kids, and make it FUN! You can create themed backdrops by painting large pieces of cardboard, or make banners with string and colorful paper. Don't forget the LIGHTS—add plenty of string lights for when the sun goes down!
4. Provide Plenty of MunchiesKeep it simple with finger foods that are easy to prep and serve. Popsicles and fruit kabobs are refreshing seasonal treats! And, keep your drinks cool with an inflatable kiddie pool or wheelbarrow filled with ice.
5. Games & ActivitiesPLAY is what a party is all about! And it doesn't have to be complicated. You can set up play station rotations, or just provide your guests with a variety of backyard favorites Here's some extra ideas:
We have so much to be thankful for this summer, so come on—let's PARTY! Share your backyard bash good times at #hearthsong.