Physics Solar Workshop
Which forms of energy are derived from the sun? The answer is...almost all of them! Directly or indirectly, the sun supplies almost all the energy that we use. We take power from plants grown by the sun and oceans heated by the sun, and our weather systems are sustained by the suns's energy. Even the energy stored in fossil fuels originally came from the sun. But that's only the beginning!
This Physics Solar Workshop kit explores the topic of solar energy by focusing on photovoltaic cells. Learn how solar cells transform light into electrical energy and how motors and mechanical devices can optimize the sun's energy. To learn, you'll build five amazing models, from a rover to a robot (and more), and conduct experiments with those models!
In total, this kit includes 10 experiments, 142 pieces, and comes with a fantastic 48-page manual on this fascinating subject. Models can also be powered by battery (battery pack/charger included; batteries not included).
- Solar-powered creative construction STEM kit for kids
- 142 pieces
- Explore and learn about how solar cells transform light into electrical energy
- Build 5 different mechanical models
- Perform 10 different experiments with the models you build
- Includes a clearly illustrated 48-page manual
- Models can run on solar power or rechargeable battery (includes a battery holder/charging port but not batteries)
- Kit compatible with other Thames & Kosmos physics and engineering building kits
⚠ WARNING CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
For ages 8 and up.