The Wright Flyer Aeroplane Building Kit
On December 17th 1903, the Wright Flyer I amazed the world with a powered flight lasting 12 seconds and covering 120 feet. Relive the excitement, as this model flies nearly as far as the original flight at Kitty Hawk a century ago. Kids get to begin at the beginning, just like Wilbur and Orville Wright did, and build their plane from wooden parts (assembles in approx. 40 minutes). What’s different is that kids won’t need to use tools or glue, and the propeller’s unique ball bearing propulsion mechanism is powered by rubber bands (includes hand winder for easy operation). But the sense of accomplishment and wonder will still be historic. Finished plane’s wingspan is 19", length is 20", and height is 6".
- Historic airplane building kit
- Wooden model of the original Wright Flyer
- Assembles in approx. 40 minutes
- No tools or glue necessary
- Unique ball-bearing propulsion mechanism is powered by rubber bands
- Rubber-band hand-winder included
For ages 8 and up.
Assembled plane: Wingspan is 19", length is 20", and height is 6"