Airplanes in the Garden: Monarch Butterflies Take Flight
In this vivid story exploring the butterfly life cycle, author Joan Z. Calder joins illustrator Cathy Quiel in creating an enchanting story based on scientific fact. An imaginative young girl learns about the wonders of metamorphosis as she observes two caterpillars from their humble beginnings to their final emergence as dazzling monarch butterflies. This story not only educates children about the science behind nature, but it also contains breathtaking and detailed watercolor illustrations that they will love to look at. The book also includes other incredible resources, such as monarch science facts, maps of the monarch migration, a butterfly song, and tips on growing a butterfly-friendly garden. Pair this with our Monarch Connectagons (730425), sold separately, for a complete set!
- Airplanes in the Garden: Monarch Butterflies Take Flight
- Award winning book by Joan Z. Calder, illustrated by Cathy Quiel
- Learn about the butterfly life cycle through an enchanting story
- Rich, vivid watercolor illustrations draw the eye
- Includes resources such as maps, butterfly song, and science facts
- Pair this with our Monarch Connectagons for a creative, hands-on experience (730425)
For ages 4 and up.
8.5" x 11"; 32 pages