- Jump into chemistry with a grow-your-own crystals experiment
- Cover a pufferfish body in unique, colorful crystal scales
- Simple experiment with results in 24 to 48 hours
- STEM experiment designed for home learning
- Kit includes everything–just add water
- Adult supervision required
- For ages 10 and up.
Cover this adorable Pufferfish with a colorful body of crystal scales and you’ve blended chemistry, ichthyology, and fun! It's easy–just dissolve the crystal powder by stirring vigorously in boiling water (adult supervision, please), place the Pufferfish along with its plaster base into the solution, and wait 24 to 48 hours. The liquid solution cools and solidifies to form crystals that are completely unique to every Pufferfish model.
Each kit comes with everything you need to grow crystal scales: crystal powder, a growing container, a stir stick, a plaster base, a Pufferfish body, a stick-on face, and instructions. (Just add water!) Adult supervision required throughout process. Crystal length will vary. Note: crystals may be sharp, so please wear gloves when removing your pufferfish from the cooled solution.
Size: Figurine base is approximately 3"L x 1"W; crystal length will vary.