- the personal information we may collect from you when you visit or interact with the hearthsong.com website (“Site”), respond to our emails, place orders via the Site, or otherwise contact us via the Site,
- why we gather information from you,
- how we collect it,
- how we use it,
- how we share it, and
- the choices you have regarding our use of personal information you have provided.
Note: You must be 18 years or older to use, subscribe or register as a member of The Children's Group, LLC. The Web Site is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect, maintain or disclose personal information from or about children. If you believe that Children’s Group, LLC has collected the personal information of any child under the age of 18, please contact us at the Contact Us information below.
Why do we collect certain information?
The Children's Group, LLC gathers personal information to help improve our products and customer service, to communicate with you, to process your orders, to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience and to inform you, and your gift and message recipients, of special offers and discounts from us, our affiliated brands and selected third parties. Additional details regarding how we use your information and how your information is shared are provided below.
What information do we collect?
- Contact information – First name, last name, mailing address, email address, billing address, and telephone number.
- Personal demographic information
- Account information – Username, password, identification numbers, and other information associated with your Site account.
- Marketing information – Details regarding informational and promotional materials you may have requested or received from us, the products in which you are interested, your receipt of promotional communications, and information on your marketing or communication preferences.
- Communication information – Copies of communications and inquiries, including services reviews and service inquiries, you have submitted to us, including through email, chat, calls, and features available on our Site.
- Transaction information – Details regarding purchases or transactions made with us via the Site, which may include payments received, payment details, products purchased, transaction history, purchase occasion, and other information. Note that Children’s Group, LLC uses a third-party processor to collect, process, and store payment card or banking information used to make or receive payments.
- Message information for third parties – If you select to purchase a gift, we will collect the details of any message you wish to send to a designated recipient, including the contact details for such recipient.
- Technical support information – Details about any issues you are experiencing that require technical support that you submit to us through our Site or provide in response to us following up on your request for assistance.
- Device and usage information – Details regarding how and when you use our Site, including the device used to connect to our Site, your IP address and device identifier, the frequency and duration of your usage, the pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our Site, and information about your interaction with our Site.
We collect information through the Site when you:
- place an order,
- request information from us,
• participate in our forums, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, social media platforms and membership registrations,
• engage in other activities, services, products and resources we make accessible to our customers, Members or users,
- create an account,
- interact with our customer service features, such as a chatbot navigation feature or any customer service agent chat features, and otherwise provide us with personal information.
Information you provide to us may be collected by us even if an order, registration, or other process is started but not completed or otherwise cancelled. Members may also add to their Address Book the name, address and telephone number of friends or other persons to whom they may wish to send gifts or expressions. Only Members have the right to view and edit their Address Book entries.
Please note that we may aggregate or anonymize the foregoing types of data such that they are no longer capable of identifying you, in which case they are no longer considered “personal information.”
Other Information We Collect From You
Like most websites, we use various technologies to automatically collect the following types of information about you:
We have relationships with third parties who may receive personal information directly from the cookies placed by our Site on your device to assist in analyzing our business and customers.
- Log files and device identifiers - We use log files to track actions occurring on the Site and collect data about visitors, including IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, and device identifiers.
- Web beacons and other technologies - Our Site also uses a common web technology called "action tags" (also called single pixel gifs or web beacons) to anonymously track purchase, usage and other web activity information. Action tags (including third party tags) may be used to provide data to third parties for tracking purposes across websites, as well as to monitor email readership.
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on website visits. We may share information about your use of our Site with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
Information from Other Sources
We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliates, business partners, vendor partners, contractors, suppliers, and other third parties and add it to other information we have collected. We, and the third parties we engage, may combine information we collect from you over time, and across the Site, with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve the information’s overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
Information from Social Media
How we use the information we collect?
We (or service providers acting on our behalf) use information we collect to communicate with you, to process your orders, to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience, to inform you and your gift and message recipients of offers and discounts from The Children's Group, LLC and our affiliated brands, and to enable you to receive credits for purchases under loyalty or buying programs which you have joined. In addition, we use the information identified above for the following purposes:
- Processing payments you make to Children’s Group, LLC or any warranted refunds or monetary corrections.
- Managing customer service issues, including issues relating to the performance of our Site, technical concerns, and related feedback.
- Developing, updating, and improving our services, customer service, and customer experience, and otherwise improving our knowledge and insights regarding potential customers or those who partner with us for our business.
- Preventing and detecting fraud, financial crime, hacking activities, security breaches, and other unlawful activities in connection with the Site or the use of our services.
- Enforcing our agreements, complying with our legal or regulatory obligations, and defending or advancing legal claims.
- Notifying you about changes to our Site, services, or material changes to this Policy.
- Providing you with surveys or otherwise soliciting feedback from you.
- Performing other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or to which you otherwise consent.
For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Choices About the Collection and Use of Personal Information” below.
Our Marketing Efforts
We may send you direct marketing communications from time to time including news, updates, offers, and other announcements relating to our services and activities. We will only send marketing messages where the law allows us to do so and, in the event that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, then you can always unsubscribe using the option provided in the communication you have received (e.g., in the footer of the email) or by contacting us using the information below.
Disclosure of Personal Information
When the information we collect about you is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share your information with the following types of entities:
- Business partners, service providers, third-party vendors necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. For example, your information may be shared with our payment processing providers, accountants, outside counsel, consultants, or other providers of professional services.
- Service providers we use to facilitate our business operations and administration. These third parties have access to your personal information to perform specific tasks on our behalf. For example, our service providers include (i) IT and system administration providers, (ii) providers that facilitate your use of the Site (e.g., our website hosting provider, or chatbot service provider); (iii) payment processors, and (iv) data storage providers.
- Marketing and advertising vendors that may assist with lead generation, hosting information relating to potential customers, marketing automation, advertisement placement and targeting, and marketing campaigns and communications.
- Analytics vendors in order to understand our Website traffic and usage patterns, optimize our Site, and identify potential new customers.
- Regulatory and governmental authorities, law enforcement agencies, and courts, as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Buyers or other successors prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred.
- Other parties for any purpose we disclose at the time you provide the information.
We reserve the right to disclose information you provide to us as required by law, in response to legal process and law enforcement requests and as necessary or appropriate, in our view, to operate the Web Site, process orders or registrations, to conduct promotions, contests, and sweepstakes you participate in, and to protect the rights or property of the Company, its Affiliates, users, customers, recipients, Members, sponsors, providers, licensors, merchants and associates.
Consent to Transfer and Submission
The Children's Group, LLC is operated in the United States. If you are located outside the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Web Site or otherwise providing us with information, you hereby consent to this transfer.
Links to Other Web Sites
No transmission of data over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we make reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information once we receive it, we cannot warrant the security of information we collect or process.
Your Choices About Personal Information
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. We try to offer you meaningful choices regarding your personal information. Some choices you have regarding personal information include the following.
- Marketing Emails – As required by applicable laws, you can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the “opt out,” “unsubscribe,” or similar link in any such promotional emails and following the instructions provided.
- Cookies – Depending on your browser or device, you may have the option to set the browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies. Each browser and device are different, so we recommend you evaluate the tools and settings available in your browser or device, as well as any available instructions for the same. Please note that if you disable or delete cookies, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Website.
- Google Analytics – As discussed above, we use Google Analytics in connection with the Site. If you would like to refrain from having your data collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an opt-out browser that you can use. You can find more information on how Google uses information it collects here.
- Interest-Based Advertising – To opt-out of personalized or interest-based advertisements, you may be able to adjust the settings on your device. Please go to your device settings and opt-out through the controls provided through Google/Android or iOS, as applicable. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices, has its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of interest-based advertisements. (We cannot guarantee that these instructions will not change, or that they will continue to be available; they are controlled by each mobile platform, not us.). For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator. You can also visit https://optout.aboutads.info to opt out of interest-based advertisements.
- Declining to Provide Information – You can choose not to provide us with information we may request through our Site, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Site, request information about our services, make purchases, or initiate other transactions with us.
- Do Not Track Mechanisms – Please note that our Site does not honor “Do Not Track” signals, and such signals will not impact the operation of this Site.
- Jurisdiction-specific Choices – Additional choices may be afforded to you under the laws of your place of residence, as described below.
Links to Third-Party Websites
If you are a California resident, please refer to our “Privacy Notice for California Residents” for a description of rights available to you under California law.
Notice for Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, Nevada “consumers” may request that “operators” of internet sites and online services refrain from the “sale” of their “covered information” to third parties (as such terms are defined under Nevada law). “Covered information” includes first and last name, address, email address, and phone number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online. As discussed above, we share your information with certain third parties that we believe can provide you with offers and promotions for products and services of interest to you and in the other ways described above. We do not believe that our sharing in this regard would qualify as a sale under Nevada law.
If you reside in Canada, various Canadian laws, including Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), may provide you certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the right to request information about the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, to request access to your personal information, and to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and have it amended as appropriate.
If you are a Canadian resident and would like to make a request regarding your personal information, please send a request to email@example.com with the subject line, “Canada Resident Request,” or otherwise contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. We will attempt to respond to your request as quickly as possible, but may ask you to provide additional information to enable us to locate the personal information or determine how it has been used or disclosed. We will provide you access, as appropriate, at minimal or no cost to you.
Children’s Group, LLC is headquartered in the United States and, as a result, the information you provide to us may reside on servers or workstations located the United States. You understand and consent that information you provide may be transferred to the United States. You also understand that the data protection laws in the United States may be different from those of the country where you reside. When we transfer personal information to the United States, we will implement appropriate and suitable safeguards to protect such information as may be required by applicable data protection laws.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill your requests or the purposes for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you, (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject, and (iii) as necessary to comply with legal obligations.
Your Consent and Changes to this Policy
Last Updated: October 6, 2022