HearthSong’s kid’s tea sets inspire anyone to participate in afternoon tea for Mother’s Day and beyond. Everyone is invited to our tea parties and are encouraged to dream big, from the little ones to kids at heart!
Making tea and cookies is a classic bonding activity, and a Mommy and Me tea party makes a perfect Mother’s Day event! Browse our popular tea party play sets and find recipes for tea and treats inspired by each one.
Note: Our tea sets are PERFECT for pretend play but aren’t suitable for drink. Give the stuffed besties the set to play along while you and the kids enjoy tea with suitable cups when you throw your Mommy and Me tea party.
Your Guide to a Mommy and Me Tea Party
Weekend in Paris Tin Tea Set
Looking for French flair? Our brand-new Weekend in Paris French tea set is inspired by wanderlust and elegance. The carrying case has a window-view of a French patisserie and the inside is filled with smiling teacups! You can imagine yourself on a backpacking journey through Europe or a quick tea with your besties after arriving in your private jet. No matter what you imagine, this tea and treat combo will immerse you in your imagination and makes for a wonderful Mommy and Me tea party companion.
Tea Recipe: London Fog Tea
Why not take a full European excursion? A London Fog is an Earl Grey latte with a twist! We have the recipe for both a hot and cold latte to pair with your French-themed Mommy and me tea party. You can also make it decaf or caffeinated, so both you and your child can enjoy tea together.
· Earl Grey Tea (2 bags)
· Milk (can swap with almond or soy milk)
· Culinary lavender (please do not use or eat the lavender in your garden!)
· Lemon zest
· Vanilla extract
· Sugar or honey to sweeten
1. Brew the Earl Grey tea with the culinary lavender and lemon zest for three minutes.
2. If making a hot latte, froth the milk with a whisk, French press, or a milk frother. In an iced latte, you can simply add the milk to the tea as-is.
3. Pour your tea into a cup. Mix in sugar or honey as desired to sweeten. You can also add culinary lavender buds on the top for a pretty touch!
Treat Recipe: Poodle Sugar Cookies
Need the perfect pal for teatime? An adorable poodle sugar cookie or two is delicious and themed. The perfect addition to your French Mommy and Me tea party!
· Poodle cookie cutter
· All-purpose flour
· Baking powder
· White sugar
· Vanilla extract
· Piping bag
· Icing of choice
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Put baking powder, flour, and baking soda in a bowl.
3. Use another bowl to beat together 1 ½ cups of white sugar, 1 cup of butter, 1 egg, and vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda mixture gradually until it thickens.
4. Roll batter into balls then flatten. Use poodle cookie cutters to cut out cute shapes. Place on an ungreased cooking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are a nice golden brown.
6. Decorate with icing of choice. We recommend white, pink, or black to decorate your poodles, but experiment and have fun YOUR way!
Woodland-Themed Tin Tea Set
Ever wanted to have a Mommy and Me tea party with all the forest’s animals? Now you can! HearthSong’s Woodland Tea Set is complete with precious animal designs. Invite your best stuffed critters to play and have a delightful afternoon together.
Tea Recipe: Springtime Herbal Tea
Fresh with florals and a touch of honey, this spring herbal tea is the perfect perk for a seasonal tea party.
In a jar, combine a teaspoon of each dry ingredient in room temperature water.
Close the jar with a lid and leave in a sunny spot for an hour.
Add 2 teaspoons of honey to sweeten and shake.
Add ice and enjoy!
Treat Recipe: Shortbread
A delicious and classic recipe, you can customize your shortbread with add-ins to make it truly your own! Our base recipe is a great starting place.
Melted white chocolate (optional)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Melt the butter prior to mixing.
Once the mixture becomes doughy and smooth, roll out and shape as desired. Most people shape their shortbread dough into rectangles.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 to 30 minutes so dough is cold prior to baking. This prevent the dough from spreading.
Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
If desired, dip your shortbread into melted white chocolate and add sprinkles!
Note: Popular add-ins include lemon zest, ginger, coconut, and edible flowers! Experiment with your shortbread to create a memorable recipe to share with the family for years to come.
Fairy-Themed Tin Tea Set
Thinking of a mystical tea party with a dash of magic? Perhaps you’ve always imagined having teatime with a group of woodland fairies who eat tiny slices of strawberries and drink tea out of an acorn cap? Pair our Fairy-Themed Tin Tea Set with a matching tea and treat! A fairy-themed Mommy and Me tea party is sure to be a hit.
Tea Recipe: Sweet Strawberry Tea
Fairies love sweet things, and your Mommy and Me Tea Party could use some delectable strawberry tea to attract fantastical friends!
· 4 to 5 standard tea bags
· Fresh strawberries
1. Steep tea bags in hot water for 10 minutes.
2. Dice approximately 4 cups of fresh strawberries and make into a puree, either with a food processor or juice maker. Remove pulp with a strainer.
3. Mix tea, strawberry juice, and 1 ½ cups of sugar into a pitcher. Stir until contents are thoroughly mixed.
4. Add four cups of water and stir again.
5. Place in refrigerator until cold.
6. Pour and enjoy!
Treat Recipe: Strawberry Shortcake
· Sponge cake cups (one for each tea party guest)
· Cut strawberries
· Whipped cream
1. After washing, chop up strawberries into halves or quarters.
2. Place chopped strawberries in a bowl and dust with sugar. Let sit for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Place strawberries on top of sponge cake. Top with whipped cream and serve.
Everyone Can Play Dress-Up!
No Mother’s Day tea is complete without adorable matching outfits! Getting fancy for a Mommy and Me tea party is fun, and so is simply matching in cozy sweaters. No matter what you choose, we’ve curated our favorite brands who create Mommy and Me clothing sets for the whole fam.
Looking for quality clothes for everyone in the family? Pink Lilly has a wide variety of the cutest outfits for Mommy and Me tea party days (even outfits for Dad, too!). Check out just some of the matching outfit pieces they have to offer:
Mia Belle Girls
Founded in Miami, Mia Belle Girls knows how special it is to spend time together. They have several precious Mommy and Me clothing sets, from darling dresses to matching PJs. Here are a few of our picks:
Ivy City Co.
Want to get fancy? Like, reaaaaalllyyy fancy? Ivy City Co. has gorgeous dresses that scream teatime shenanigans. Whether you want simple chic or the frilliest of frills, Ivy City Co. has styles for any occasion.
The Gap has something for everyone. Seriously. Their Matching Shop for everyone from infants to adults can be used for dress-up time, picture day, and for family portraits. Document your Mommy and Me tea party by taking a bunch of pictures!
Show Off Your Mommy and Me Tea Party!
Want to share the celebration? Or maybe you made a uniquely-themed Mommy and Me tea party of your own? Show off your Mother’s Day tea festivities with us at @hearthsong_toys.